HD 1TB PURPLE WD10PURX 1TB (3.5″, SATA3/600, 64MB) – Western Digital
HD 1TB PURPLE hard drives are designed for use in CCTV systems operating in 24/7 mode. The series offers superior performance, high capacity and long-term reliability. The drives can work non-stop in systems processing and recording audio and video, especially professional CCTV systems, on any platform (NAS systems, PCs, standalone DVRs).
HD 1TB PURPLE series is a further development of the RED family. The modified firmware functions minimize the risk of loss of image frames due to errors or heavy load (AllFrame), as well as the power consumption (IntelliPower).
Western Digital hard drives are recommended by all leading manufacturers of CCTV devices.
WD10PURX drives have a much better performance than their counterparts dedicated to PCs. The special features include:
- surveillance-class storage with minimized risk of loss of image frames
- specially designed for the harsh 24/7 always-on, high-definition surveillance environment
- caching algorithms tailored to the requirements of CCTV systems, characterized by a high intensity of write operations, comparatively low data rates and a large number of simultaneous data streams
- priority change for write allocation and preemptive caching policies
- TLER and ATA streaming support
In DVRs/NVRs using more hard drives, usually only one is recording the current video streams, the rest are in Sleep mode. The power consumption of the WD10PURX HDD in the Sleep mode is only 0.4 W, which compared to standard hard drives is only 40% of their power consumption.
WD PURPLE hard drives are covered by a three-year manufacturer’s warranty. It is important to pay attention to the writing load of 60 TB yearly. Applications requiring greater load should be supported by RED series drives.
|Name||HDD WD PURPLE 1TB|
|Buffer size||64 MB|
|Remarks||dedicated for CCTV applications|